-
July 2nd, 2002, 06:54 PM
#21
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didnt say "Dogma95 is just a bad excuse for bad filmmakers"</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dogma 95 = The perfect excuse for being a bad filmmaker to make bad movies.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This isnt a DIGITAL vs FILM debate. Its about giving a sh*t what your movie looks like. If its just the "story" that counts direct theater. Leave the movies to people with vision.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're right, so a Dogma can be a good film too.
-
July 2nd, 2002, 08:19 PM
#22
eddie
Guest
he he...
Its the chuffin PERFECT excuse for bad filmmakers to make terrible looking movies.
Thats a good point, why didnt you say that before!
As for everything else you said. WTF.
This isnt a DIGITAL vs FILM debate. Its about giving a sh*t what your movie looks like. If its just the "story" that counts direct theater. Leave the movies to people with vision.
bad choice of words but good point.
BTW its DOGME NOT DOGMA.
-
July 2nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
#23
Inactive Member
This is funny and I didn't start it! The zen is, erm, washing over me.
-
July 3rd, 2002, 03:10 AM
#24
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey there.
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. Oh dear.....
Despin out.
-
July 3rd, 2002, 03:19 AM
#25
eddie
Guest
you still havent answered the question
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 02, 2002 12:25 PM: Message edited by: eddie ]</font>
-
July 3rd, 2002, 03:29 AM
#26
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey there.
I bow down to your backtracking and bad memory.
As for your "question" you asked me why I thought Festen
Timecode
Breaking the waves
The Idiots
are all bad movies.
Dancer in the Dark as well?
Why would you ask that question? Because I said the Dogma movement is an excuse for bad filmmaking.
lo. When I say that some of the films in your list are not even Dogma movies. You come with the "well I didnt actualy say that" **** . Give me a break.
Dogma sucks gay donkey balls and thats a medical fact. GET OVER IT.
Despin out.
-
July 3rd, 2002, 03:38 AM
#27
eddie
Guest
Ive got over it. I just wondered if you wanted to expand on what you said.
Always good to see inspired opinions and valuable critism.
Thats what the edit button is for, isnt it?
-
July 7th, 2002, 11:19 AM
#28
Inactive Member
The whole "A (insert name here) FILM" or "A FILM BY (insert name here)" is just for commercial branding.
Film-makers putting labels on 'works' just so others recognise them.
Lets take John Carpenter how many movies have his branding? I know he does do alot of the work (ie. writing,directing,producing,composing,editing) but because of his style, every new film he makes with have the label of...
John Carpenter's (film title goes here)
But going back even further... to the 40s/50s
Howard Hughes
He produced **** -loads of movies, majority of them were classed as Howard Hughes Films... because of branding!
Modern-day branders are notorious for this today...
Jerry Bruckheimer, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, etc...
Why do other film-makers do this?
Tradition? or just trying to create their own brand?
hence "A BRETT 'DVD-EXTRAS' RATNER FILM"
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 07, 2002 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Vertino ]</font>
-
July 7th, 2002, 01:41 PM
#29
Inactive Member
It's not branding. Its demanded by the Directors
Guild of America?
-
July 8th, 2002, 12:55 PM
#30
Inactive Member
There's also that famous umbrella labels such as:
Wes Craven Presents... [insert **** title here]
I looked that the credits of those movies... did Wes Craven have anything to do with the making of those movies? nope, nada, zip....
All purely for marketing...
hey like my manager always says... "there's no I in TEAM"
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks